Saturday, December 1, 2012

Countdown to Christmas

Advent, Advent, ein Lichtlein brennt...

Advent, Advent,
ein
Lichtlein brennt!
Erst eins, dann zwei, dann drei, dann vier,
dann
steht das Christkind vor der Tür!



It's the first of December and I'm really excited. I'll driving back home on 22nd Dec to my family and friends. For a two week vacation. For Christmas and for New Year's. Aaaaawwweeesooommmeee!!!!

Yesterday evening it started snowing here in East Germany. Everything is covered in powdery white snow and looks so serene and beautiful. Unfortunately it will also mean scratching the car to rid it of snow on Monday morning before work and waking up 10 minutes earlier to do that. Hmm...every coin has two sides, right?

I'm looking forward to this Christmas festival season. I still thinking about what presents to get, not only for friends and family but also for me. Everyone is allowed to splurge once in while, isn't it?

I'm looking forward to spend time with my family drinking hot chocolate, watching movies, baking, cooking and eating mom's food. Everything I missed doing while staying away from home and not being able to do.

So here's wishing everyone a happy first Advent. What are your plans for this holiday season?





No comments:

Post a Comment